Stepmom Warrior was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, by Ali Wilks from Step by Step Mom.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. I am in great company with the other nominees. I love how our blogging community is working to change the stigma of stepparenting, coparenting, and stepfamilies. Thank you for the honor Step by Step Mom!
11 Questions and Answers:
1. What inspired you to start writing in this area?
I was in need of a venue to express myself and my journey. I was also looking for other stepmoms to connect with. Little did I know that my blogging journey would evolve into so much more.
2. Who is your target audience for your blog?
Stepmoms and stepfamilies. I have also interacted with fathers looking to support their partners.
3. What is your number one stepfamily/blended family tip for your readers?
My number one tip would be to be a team with your partner. If you work as a team, communicate as a team, and problem solve as a team, you can get through anything.
4. What was the best piece of stepfamily advice YOU received?
You can’t fix what you didn’t break. Stepmoms often try to fix or mediate a healthy relationship between their partners and the ex but this often blows up in their face creating more conflict. It is in the stepmoms best interest to avoid being mediator.
5. If you have an entire day to yourself, to do whatever you want, what are you doing?
I would wake up and have a cup of coffee, over looking the beach. Then I would attend a beach yoga class. After, I would hop on my motorcycle to have an adventure with my husband by my side on his bike. I would end the day by doing some type of creative craft or family game with my stepdaughters.
6. What was your first blog about? What was your most recent blog about?
My first blog was titled, “Date Night is a Must”. It’s about the necessity of date nights in your relationship and how valuable they are.
My most recent blog was about combating anxiety in stepfamily life and a few tips to do so.
7. Who inspires you in your life?
I gather inspiration from all over the place. My husband, family, friends, other stepmoms, clients, yoga teacher, the radio, and every day life.
8. What is the best thing about blogging to you?
Writing is therapeutic but the best thing about blogging is being able to connect to the amazing community of stepmoms all over the world.
9. What is your blogging routine? (When and where do you blog, do you blog on a schedule or whenever you’re are inspired, etc.?)
My blogging routine is when that moment of inspiration hits. I can’t force myself to write, it has to be a natural process for me.
10. Do you offer services along with your blogging?
I offer stepfamily lifeline services. There is nothing better than working with stepmoms and stepfamilies to improve their situations. I am an elementary education teacher as well, so I also offer the opportunity to work with children in stepfamilies as well.
11. What is on your blogging wish list? (What do you want to talk about next?)
My husband and I are trying to conceive, and I want to share my experience with adding an ours baby into our family.
Thank you so much Step by Step Mom for this honor. Thank you to all the other bloggers out there who are creating an amazing community of expertise and providing education and supports that are changing the way we grow our families!